It would be most beneficial if you pursued your studies in the UK. Congratulations! There is currently an opening for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023.
This article will explain the scholarship, its benefits, and how to apply for it. Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 in the UK is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
Master’s and doctoral studies are eligible for this scholarship. Scholarship benefits include a stipend of £1874 per year, health insurance, academic development funds of up to £2,000, family allowance of up to £15,612, and health insurance.
As part of the Cambridge University Scholarship program, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the University of Cambridge donated US$210 million to the university in October 2000, being the largest single donation ever made to the university in terms of funds.
International applicants are welcome to apply. Please read the full article below in order to learn more about Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023.
Also, apply for Scholarships in Australia 2023 | Fully Funded Scholarships
Details about Gates Cambridge scholarship 2023 in the UK :
|Institution||University of Cambridge|
|Level of Study||Masters, PhD|
|Scholarship Type||fully funded|
|Deadline||September 2023. (see Course Directory)|
Program Period: Two years for Masters and three years for a Ph.D.
Courses that are NOT allowed for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- An MD degree is a doctorate in medicine obtained after six years of part-time study
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 provides the following benefits:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- During the first two years of a Ph.D. program, the maintenance allowance will be paid up to the point of graduation (£18,744 for 12 months at the rate for 2022-23; pro-rata for courses that last less than a year).
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa fees & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- To attend conferences and courses, you can apply for academic development funding ranging from £500 to £2,000, depending on the length of your course.
- One child can receive a family allowance of £10,944, and two or more children can receive a family allowance of £15,612 (2022-23 rate). There is no funding provided by partners.
- As part of your Ph.D., you may apply to maintain up to your usual maintenance allowance while on fieldwork (other fieldwork costs should be covered by the University Composition Fee).
- During maternity or paternity leave, you may request an interruption of your studies for up to 6 months while continuing to receive your maintenance allowance.
- Scholars who face unforeseen hardships can apply for hardship funding
Also Apply for Romania Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria:
To qualify for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, the applicants must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- The postgraduate degree you want to pursue at Cambridge should be one that you can defend strongly.
- Commitment to improving the quality of life for others is at the core of what we do.
- A capacity for leadership.
- Candidates must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
- For US Citizens: September 2023.
- The start date for international students depends on the course you are taking – either 19 December 2023 or 5 January 2024
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship2023?
For Gates Cambridge Scholarship applications, please follow the following instructions:
- You will need to apply for admission to a program of study along with a place at the College and for Gates Cambridge funding.
- create an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information
- Submit these documents:
- Statement of purpose for Gates Cambridge Scholarships: Please explain your reasoning for applying for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria in no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words).
- Ph.D. research proposal (only for Ph.D. candidates)
- Applicants for Gates Cambridge must submit a reference regarding their fit with the scholarship in addition to two academic references.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application
Also, Apply for Russian Government Scholarships 2023 (Latest News)
To know more about the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, please visit the official website: