The Slovakia Government Scholarship for International Students 2023, part of the National Scholarship Program, aims to promote mobility and academic exchange. It offers opportunities for students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists to study in Europe. Funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport, this prestigious scholarship encourages short stays in Slovakia for research or study purposes.
Located in Central Europe, Slovakia is a developed country with a high-income economy and a population of over 5.4 million. As a member of the Eurozone, European Union, Schengen Area, United Nations, Council of Europe, NATO, CERN, OSCE, and OECD, Slovakia plays an active role in various international organizations.
The country takes pride in its commitment to civil liberties, press freedom, democratic governance, and peacefulness. With universal healthcare, free education, and one of the longest-paid parental leaves in the OECD, Slovakia prioritizes the well-being and education of its citizens.
Slovakia’s cultural richness is evident through its eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The capital, Bratislava, serves as a vibrant hub of cultural and academic activities, making it an attractive destination for international students pursuing the Slovakia Government Scholarship in 2023.
In summary, the Slovakia Government Scholarship for International Students 2023 offers a unique opportunity for academic and cultural enrichment in a country that values education, innovation, and diversity.
About Slovakia Government Scholarship For International Students 2023:
- Sponsored by: Government of Slovakia
- University: Higher Education Institutions of Slovakia
- Degree level: Masters, Ph.D., Teachers, Researchers, and Artists
- Eligible Nationality: International Students
- Scholarship Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline Date: 30 April 2023
Duration Of Slovakia Government Scholarships 2023:
|Undergraduate Candidates||1-2 full semesters or 1-3 trimesters (4-5 or 9-10 months, depending on the semester structure)|
|Ph.D. Candidates||1-10 months|
|University Teachers, Researchers or Artists||1-10 months|
- Educational costs
- Stays at universities and research institutions in Slovakia
- Monthly stipend of $1,500
- Second-level university: 400 euros
- Doctoral students: 734 euros
- Less than 4 years of experience as a university instructor, researcher, or artist: 734 euros
- Less than 10 years of experience as a university instructor, researcher, or artist (with a Doctorate or equivalent): 980 euros
- More than 10 years of experience as a university instructor, researcher, or artist (with a Ph.D. or equivalent): 1,050 euros or more.
Available Fields & Majors:
The following is a list of study fields offered under the Slovakia Government Scholarships program:
- Security Sciences, Defense,and Military
- Agricultural and Veterinary Science
- Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Informatics
- Social, Economic, and Legal Sciences
- Technical Sciences
The general eligibility criteria for each category of the Slovakia government scholarships program may differ, but the following are the typical requirements.
- University scholarships for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs:
- Applicants must be citizens of a developing country, which can be checked from the official website of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sport.
- Applicants must have completed their secondary education and meet the academic requirements of their chosen university.
- A prerequisite for candidates is to demonstrate sufficient proficiency in either Slovak or English, which are the typical languages of instruction at their nominated university.
- Short-term scholarships for international students, teachers, and researchers:
- who hold citizenship in a developing country he was eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed their Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and possess an invitation letter from a Slovak university or research institution.
- Applicants must be proficient in the language of instruction at the host institution.
- Scholarships for international Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers:
- To be eligible to apply, candidates must hold citizenship in a developing country.
- Applicants must have completed their Master’s degree or equivalent and possess an invitation letter from a Slovak university or research institution.
- It is a requirement for candidates to possess adequate proficiency in the language of instruction used by the host institution.
Documents Requirements For Slovakia Government Scholarship For International Students 2023:
To submit application for the Slovakia Government Scholarships program, candidates must provide the following documents:
- Academic resume or CV.
- Statement of interest or motivation.
- Study plan/research plan/research proposal.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Educational documents such as results, transcripts, and degrees.
- Admission or offer letter.
- Copy of passport.
- Any other supporting documents, if applicable.
Here is the information on the key dates to apply for Slovakia government scholarships 2023:
|Scholarship Period||Application Deadline|
|Summer Semester of the Current Academic Year||October 31st at 16:00 CET|
|Next Academic Year||April 30th at 16:00 CET|
Note that these dates are subject to change and may vary depending on the university or institution you have chosen. It’s important to confirm the exact deadlines with the university and to submit your application on time with all the required documents.
How To Apply!
The application process for Slovakia Government Scholarships is completely online. Candidates can apply easily by reading all the instructions mentioned above and preparing the required documents to upload during the application.