The Stokes Educational Scholarship Program offers a full-time scholarship for high school students interested in pursuing a major in computer science or electrical engineering. The program provides various benefits, including tuition reimbursement, summer internships with the NSA, housing, and a competitive salary. Participants are guaranteed employment and enjoy additional perks such as paid leave, holidays, and insurance.
To apply, U.S. citizens must undergo a selection process that includes submitting an application, resume, letter of recommendation, essay, transcripts, and testing scores (SAT/ACT). The program also considers applicants’ leadership abilities and requires a security clearance.
The fall application period is an opportunity for eligible students to explore this prestigious program and engage in the High School Work Study Program and other internships. For more information and application details, visit the program’s official website.
NSA computer scientists specialize in applications programming, computer security, graphics, and software design and implementation that involve database management systems, real-time systems, networking, and distributed processing systems. You will participate in projects that address a wide range of challenges and experiences, including pure and applied research, design, development, testing, project management, and systems analysis.
This program involves a diverse range of projects that focus on communication systems, computer security, networking, microprocessor applications, software engineering, and optics. The challenges and experiences in these areas vary, requiring project management, systems analysis, design, development, and testing.
The Stokes Educational Scholarship Program offers a unique opportunity for students to gain valuable experience and knowledge while studying computer science or electrical engineering. By participating, students commit to working for the NSA for an extended period after graduation. This commitment ensures a rewarding career with the NSA and allows for the application of acquired skills and expertise. The program provides a pathway to success, equipping students with the necessary tools and experience to excel in their future endeavors.
About Stokes Educational Scholarship Program 2023:
- Agency: NSA
- Education: High School
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Academic Field: Computer Sciences, Computer/Electrical Engineering
- Scholarship Value: $30,000
- Awards Available: 10
- Deadline: OCTOBER 31
Benefits Of Stokes Educational Scholarship Program 2023:
The benefits of this program are comprehensive and designed to support your academic and personal development. They include:
- Tuition and Fees Coverage: The program covers tuition and mandatory fees up to a maximum of $30,000 per year, helping to ease the financial burden of attending college.
- Year-Round Salary: As a participant in this program, you will receive a year-round salary while attending college. This financial support is intended to help you focus on your studies and achieve academic success.
- Housing and Travel Entitlements: During summer employment, you will be entitled to housing and travel benefits if the distance between your school and the NSA location is more than 75 miles. This benefit is meant to ensure that you have a comfortable and affordable living arrangement while gaining valuable work experience.
- Paid Time Off and Insurance: The program also offers paid time off, health, and life insurance benefits to ensure your well-being and financial security. Additionally, you will have access to the Federal Retirement Plan, which provides a valuable retirement benefit to eligible participants.
Overall, these benefits are designed to provide you with the support and resources necessary to pursue your academic and professional goals. By participating in this program, you can enjoy financial stability, valuable work experience, and a strong foundation for your future.
To be considered for this program, you must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- U.S. Citizenship: You must be a U.S. citizen to be eligible for this program.
- Security Clearance Eligibility: You must be eligible to be granted a security clearance in order to participate in this program.
- Academic Performance: Applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- High School Senior Status: You must be a high school senior at the time of application to be considered for this program.
- Major Requirements: Eligible applicants MUST major in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or Chinese or Russian Language.
- Revised Program Requirements: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the program requirements have been revised. For technical majors, high school transcripts must now show a minimum of one physics or calculus course, and a combination of two courses (minimum) of computer science, computer programming or engineering. Language majors’ transcripts must show a minimum of 3 years of coursework in a world language, with preference given to proficient Chinese or Russian language.
- Online Application Submission: You must submit your application online during the designated application period to be considered for this program.
Meeting these minimum eligibility criteria will allow you to be considered for this prestigious program, which offers valuable benefits and opportunities for academic and professional growth.
In order to apply for the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program, you must submit the following documents:
- Resume: A comprehensive resume that highlights your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and any relevant work experience.
- One-page Essay: A one-page essay titled “Why I Want a Career at the National Security Agency (NSA).” This essay should showcase your interest in pursuing a career at the NSA and how you believe you can contribute to the agency’s mission.
- Academic Performance: You must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official Transcripts: You must submit official transcripts from your high school, and if applicable, from any college you have attended.
- Letters of Recommendation: You must provide two letters of recommendation, both of which must be from teachers of technical or language courses who can attest to your academic ability.
As a participant in the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program, it is important to note that you are making a commitment to work for the NSA for at least 1.5 times the length of your study once you graduate. While this is a significant obligation, it also presents a valuable opportunity to gain work experience and play a role in the important mission of the NSA. Consider this commitment carefully, as it could be a stepping stone to a fulfilling career in your field of interest.
Submitting a complete and compelling application package is essential to being considered for this program. The application process is competitive, so make sure to put forth your best effort to increase your chances of being selected for this unique opportunity.
How To Apply!
If you are interested in applying click on the link given below:
Q1: What is the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program?
A1: The Stokes Educational Scholarship Program is a scholarship offered by the National Security Agency (NSA) to encourage students to pursue degrees in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related disciplines.
Q2: Who is eligible to apply for the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program?
A2: Eligible applicants are U.S. citizens who are high school seniors planning to major in specified fields, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and who meet additional program requirements.
Q3: How do I apply for the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program?
A3: Applications are submitted online through the NSA website during the designated application period. Detailed instructions and deadlines can be found on the official website.
Q4: What does the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program cover?
A4: The scholarship provides financial support for tuition, mandatory fees, an annual stipend for books and living expenses, and includes a paid summer internship at the NSA.
Q5: Is there a service commitment after graduation?
A5: Yes, Stokes Scholars are required to work for the NSA for a duration equal to their scholarship length, typically involving one year of employment for each year of scholarship support.
Q6: Can I pursue a graduate degree with the Stokes Scholarship?
A6: Yes, recipients can receive funding for a master’s degree in a related field if they maintain eligibility and meet specific criteria.
Q7: How are scholarship recipients selected?
A7: Recipients are chosen through a thorough review of academic achievements, demonstrated skills, and potential for success in a career at the NSA.
Q8: Can international students apply for the Stokes Scholarship?
A8: No, the scholarship is exclusively available to U.S. citizens.
Q9: What are the application and notification deadlines?
A9: Deadlines vary annually, so applicants should consult the current year’s application schedule on the NSA’s website.
Q10: Is the scholarship renewable?
A10: Yes, the scholarship is typically renewable as long as scholars maintain their academic performance and meet program requirements. It’s advisable to check the official NSA website for the most recent information on the Stokes Educational Scholarship Program.